24 year old IT analyst, graduated in 2010 with a degree in Mathematics
Why I joined NetworthIQ:
I was interested in seeing profiles of other members to see how I stacked up in my age/income bracket.
Best Financial Decision:
Not going crazy after graduation and taking out loans for a vehicle, toy, etc. (Many of my friends did)
Worst Financial Decision:
Haven't made any poor decisions... yet. haha
Current Financial Strategy:
1) Currently saving $500 bi-weekly
2) Max out unused room on my TFSA (Have around $15000 right now)
3) Make all work purchases on a cashback credit card. Build credit up so that my rates are low if I decide to get a loan for whatever reason.
4) Invest TFSA in ETFs, high yield dividend stocks, and REITs.
5) Work an extra 10-20 hours a month, earn extra income with side consulting work.
How I manage my money:
No set-in-stone budget, I just avoid making frivolous purchases.
Also keep an eye on credit and debit card use, it's easy to get carried away.
Tools I use:
I made the decision to keep all my finances at one bank and have everything (accounts, credit cards, etc) on my on-line banking web page.
I use my brokerage website to do research and make purchases.
I'll sometimes print out statements and read through each line the old-fashioned way if I find I'm slacking on the budget.